Protector F1 is a market-leading inhibitor which prevents corrosion and limescale formation in central heating systems. This high-performance product offers superior protection by uniquely combining three inhibitors of organic particles, which bind to the metal within the heating system to protect from debris alongside anodic inhibitors which react with the system’s metal surface to create a protective layer, and cathodic inhibitors that combine with hard water salts to form an insoluble layer.
Fernox Protector F1 also includes enhanced pH buffering to ensure the system water pH level does not drop below 6.5 or above 8.5 – the optimum pH range for preventing corrosion and limescale build-up. In line with BS 7593:2019 regulations and best practice, and for long-term protection of the system, concentration levels should be maintained and checked annually as part of the boiler or system service. Protector F1 is compatible with all other Fernox products and is suitable for use with all materials and metals used in central heating systems, including aluminium.
- Protects against corrosion and scale in mixed metal central heating systems to prevent breakdown and premature boiler failure
- One 500ml bottle treats 130 litre system, up to 16 radiators, or 250 sqm of underfloor heating
- Stops frequent venting of radiators and prevents cold spots
- Reduces maintenance costs, maintains energy efficiency and saves on fuel bills
- Supports the boiler manufacturer’s warranty requirements
- High performance, non-toxic, environmentally friendly – NSF CIAS, KIWA and Belgaqua approved formulation